"An error occurred sending the command to the application" When trying to open excel document from outlook 2007
Error message "An error occurred sending the command to the application" When trying to open excel document from outlook 2007. OS: Windows Server 2008 R2 If I save the document then it opens fine, messing with default file associations does not
OS: Windows Server 2008 R2
If I save the document then it opens fine, messing with default file associations does not resolve this problem, I've googled for ir it and some suggest unticking compatibility mode or "run as admin" for excel application, neither is selected in my case.
Outlook is configured to run as remote application from remoteApp server, this error is only occurring for one user, for others excel documents open just fine.
Thank you for using
Microsoft Office for IT Professionals Forums.
From your description, we can Create a trusted location follow these steps
Click the Microsoft Office Button , and then click Excel Options.
Click Trust Center, click Trust Center Settings, and then click
If you want to create a trusted location that is not local to your computer, select the Allow trusted locations on my network (not recommended) check
Click Add new location.
IMPORTANT We recommended that you don't make your entire
Documents or My Documents folder a trusted location. Doing so creates a larger target for a hacker to potentially exploit and increases your security risk. Create a subfolder within Documents or My Documents, and make only that folder a trusted location.
In the Path box, type the name of the folder that you want to use as a trusted location, or click Browse to
locate the folder.
If you want to include subfolders as trusted locations, select the
Subfolders of this location are also trusted check box.
In the Description box, type what you want to describe the purpose of the trusted location.
More detailed information you can refer to this link:
Please take your time to try the suggestions and let me know the results at your earliest convenience. If anything is unclear or if there is anything
I can do for you, please feel free to let me know.
Hope that helps.
William Zhou CHN
Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
- 1 Problem Exporting Crystal Reports 8.5 to an rtf file
- 2 Internal error in item 0000000000: asset row is not complete
- 3 Printing with CSS
- 4 Can't use inherited method with JButton
- 5 Disk Utility shows disk in SuperDrive when none is actually inserted.
- 6 Upgraded Panther to Tiger: now Mail won't download email from Sympatico
- 7 No internet connection detected error and Login errors
- 8 Secondary method
- 9 Help needed about previewing clips
- 10 Facetime call goes to someone else?
- How can I align multiple titles in Premiere Pro?
- I'm so disappointed with my new Creative Zen
- My iPad2 Apple logo (the blue box with a capital A) was deleted in error. I would like to know how to replace it or get it back. Thanks so much . . .
- TS1717 I foolishly downloaded the latest version of iTunes and now it won't run. I get a message stating that MSVCR.dll is missing and an error message saying error 7 (Windows error 126). Click on the support link for iPod + iTunes - no support for iTun
- Error installing AppFabric 1.1 on Windows 8.1 64bit
- G5 won't startup from any source w/out kernel panic
- Xsan 2 MDC server restart hangs
- Link 2 ODSEE together
- How to pass data from smartform to user exits in appl form print workbench
- Advice needed on fast streaming/access from external HD (Video/Music apps)