APEX and Oracle HTTP server
Scenario We are considering using APEX with Oracle 10g. However, we don't have Oracle application server.At the same time we do not want to use the Oracle HTTP server(OHS) on the database server. The propsed application intend to use by approx. 5000
We are considering using APEX with Oracle 10g. However, we don't have Oracle application server.At the same time we do not want to use the Oracle HTTP server(OHS) on the database server. The propsed application intend to use by approx. 5000 users
As APEX requires just OHS and mod_plsql plugin,
1. Can we install just Oracle HTTP server and mod_plsql on standalone server? Which CD need to be used?
2. Can OHS can be licensed separately as Oracle Internet application server(Enterprise Edition) based on processor licensing is expensive and not affordable.However, there are other options like Standard Edition and Standard Edition One as well but do not require any other options except OHS and mod_plsql plugin.Hence, what is the cost effective option to have OHS and mod_plsql as a middle tier component to deploy APEX applications
Thanks in advance
I'm by no means a security expert, but I don't think this is a best practice. I think the best practice is to use two HTTP servers: one in the DMZ and one on the DB server. The one in the DMZ can be a standard Apache install - it acts as a proxy server and does not need mod_plsql. The second should be OHS. This configuration allows you to block ports that are usually used to communicate with the DB from the server in the DMZ.
Did I get that right or am I way off?
You can reward this reply by marking it as either Helpful or Correct ;-)
Hello. I have just configured a brand new Oracle HTTP server on a brand new ApEx database. When I try to start the server, it doesn't start and I see errors in the log files. dads.conf in Apache/modplsql/conf directory: Alias /i/ "/u01/app/oracle/pro[More]
Scenario We are considering using APEX with Oracle 10g. However, we don't have Oracle application server.At the same time we do not want to use the Oracle HTTP server(OHS) on the database server. The propsed application intend to use by approx. 5000[More]
Guys, I know that you can run APEX in Oracle XE without requiring to install an HTTP server. But I have heard that the same is now true if you are using Oracle 10gR2. Is this the case and if it is can you answer the following questions : a) How is it[More]
Are there advantages to installing Apex Listener over using an existing Oracle Application Server instance to serve Apex applications? We have an existing application server instance in production. Would introducing Apex Listener and the extra overhe[More]
Hi, I feel ashamed asking this, but I want to know where to download the Application Server for Apex 3.2.1. Apex is installed in a DataBase 10gR1 and the O.S. where I will install the Application Server is RedHat I think it is here http://www.oracle.[More]
Hi allm Can someone show me a guide on how to use Oracle Application Server 10g with APEX. I'm currently using Oracle HTTP Server but decided to use OAS instead so that I can use the Report Server and the Oracle BI Publisher for the reports. I'm curr[More]
Installation using an existing Apache server like on the Oracle Apps Server can be done as a replacement for the Apache that is installed with Apex but may require the installation of mod_plsql into Apache. If you need to do this, use the documentati[More]
Hello, we have Oracle Application server, Oracle Report server and now we just installed APEX and doing a pilot project. Since we don't have BI Publisher, how can we use our Oracle Report server to print from apex report? Can it be done and if yes wh[More]
Hi, all: I plan to install APEX 4.2.1 and oracle HTTP server on 10.2.0.4 database. Is there any down time required during installation? I mean during installation, do I need to block users from accessing the database? Can they do their normal data en[More]
We are completely new to this Oracle Apex. Wanted to know the licensing part of it , before we get into it. I guess Oracle Apex is free as it comes with the Oracle database license. 1) Do we need some kind of HTTP server to host the Apex on the brows[More]
Has someone put together a cookbook on installing the above? I have tried following the documentation; but it is in dire need of updating. I have become quite confused as to how to piece together alll of the parts. Seemed much easier in 10.2... TIA!V[More]
- 1 Error Message when installing software
- 2 MacBook Pro to tv problem.
- 3 Deleting iweb site from mobileme
- 4 Oracle 9i DS R2 deployement.
- 5 Very urgent purchase requisition workflow
- 6 Problem with a corrupt data file
- 7 How can I deal with recursive target nodes?
- 8 IOS 7 live photo filters in iPhone 4S?
- 9 PSA DOUBT
- 10 Necesito ayuda. Analisis de voz. Adobe Premiere - Media Encoder
- I recently upgraded to 10.6.7 and Safari 5.05. Safari now has a long load time when you initially boot it up and when selecting a new tab. Other than that it works fine. What can I do ?
- Headless g4, ibook and intel imac (2.33ghz) issue
- Ipad 2 16 GB or 32 GB ...
- Palette question
- The 'buy now' button doesn't work
- Bought 2 4200's - completly different results - Read on
- ArchiveLink Objects/Extractor ?
- IPad 1 or 2?
- [BUG] Sort - Capture Time doesn't work, movies?
- Problem with embedded OLE objects