Bootable Drive - GUID and PPC Compatibility?
Hi, I'm planning to make a bootable clone of my Macintel onto an external USB drive. I want to make two partitions: one for the clone, another for extra storage. If I format the disk as GUID, will it be readable/bootable from a PPC Mac? Or will I jus
I'm planning to make a bootable clone of my Macintel onto an external USB drive. I want to make two partitions: one for the clone, another for extra storage. If I format the disk as GUID, will it be readable/bootable from a PPC Mac? Or will I just have to use APM instead? As an aside, I was also wondering if a 12" Powerbook G4 (867mhz) had a compatible USB connection for my Seagate drive. Any help would be appreciated.
You can boot an Intel Mac from an APM partitioned drive, but you cannot directly install OS X using the Intel OS X Installer Disc.
Hi, I'm planning to make a bootable clone of my Macintel onto an external USB drive. I want to make two partitions: one for the clone, another for extra storage. If I format the disk as GUID, will it be readable/bootable from a PPC Mac? Or will I jus[More]
I have a mbp 2009. i'm using the owc data doubler - installing 250gb ssd and keeping my 250 HDD. I want to transfer some apps and files from the HDD to the SSD and make the SSD the bootable drive. I'm not too familiar with teh inner-workings, so i[More]
Hello, I created a 1 TB bootable drive using Prosoft's Data Backup software, but when I boot up from it after installing it, the screen reveals a folder with a question mark on it and it remains there indefinitely. What am I doing wrong? Please advis[More]
By mistake i erase my macbook pro hard disk how to reinstall the yosemite on my macbook because it donsnt read the bootable drive?
by mistake i erase my macbook pro hard disk how to reinstall the yosemite on my macbook because it donsnt read the bootable drive?usamafrombeverly hills wrote: when i start the macbook & press cmd+R it goes to the internet recovery Well then when you[More]
Why do you need a usb bootable drive to do a clean install of Mavericks (or any other OSX)?
I have had a few minor bugs with Mavericks, and I finally got an external hard drive, so I decided to do a clean install of Mavericks. Every single tutorial I've found online has suggested making a usb-bootable drive to reinstall the os with. Howeve[More]
Hello everyone, I would really appreciate some help! I have a MacBook Pro and I've been trying to download Window 7 on it. Basically, I finally got a bootable flashdrive with Windows 7 on it. I have two actually. One made by Bootcamp, (Someone on you[More]
Hi all, Need some help (even after reading and re-reading all the Bootcamp posts and Manual): i) Created partition its in FAT format. ii) I know i need NTFS format for Wondows 7. As i understand it when the Windows Instaler runs, there is an Advanced[More]
I am trying to install Windows XP/Vista 32 Bit On Intel Mac Notebook through BootCamp.But after installing windows successfully,when it reboot?resatrt,It gives me error message that NO bootable Drive ,Press any to key to continue....... I have Downlo[More]
Due to shortage of disk space on my internal drive I'm getting an external HD. After reading some of the posts here I'm considering using the external drive as the bootable drive & cloning the internal one. My question is, how would go about I upgrad[More]
Hello fellow Apple enthusiasts, 1.1 I was hoping one of you might care to suggest how would I go about using my Firewire (FW) drive as a bootable drive?(I believe during restart I press the "T" key to initialize this process) It is a 120 GB driv[More]
Quick boot question -- cloned a bootable drive in latest Tiger, can i.....
I cloned a bootable drive in latest Tiger version; if i install Leopard on my Powerbook will i still be able to boot from that Tiger drive?? in essence i guess i would have two different platforms running on my Powerbook -- doesn't seem like it would[More]
- 1 I've done everything I know in order to get my calendar in iCloud synchronized with my macBook, my IPad and my iPhone, but get no success. I've checked if all devices are set to the same account. Can you help me?
- 2 I am having a problem sending photos by way of the share facility in iPhoto. I have looked in accounts and i cloud is not listed as an option. I removed MobileMe and reloaded it and that enabled me to send the photos but then the email didn't arrive
- 3 Sales District in Sales Order
- 4 I got a $50 iTunes gift card for Christmas that doesn't seem to work. Everytime I enter the code, a box pops up that "Code entered is not valid". Please help me?
- 5 TCP/IP connection with external device
- 6 Create a new responsibility to run a concurrent program
- 7 How to create a new System !!!!!!!
- 8 StringTokenizer Class is not available?
- 9 I'm using a 16GB iPhone 4s, with the latest version of iOS 8.1.1. Whenever I go to the "Cellular" settings on the main settings page and turn OFF cellular data usage for native apps like mail, app store, contacts, photos etc , the moment I back out a
- 10 Is it necessary to use the optical audio port on the apple tv
- Why does set font not work in report generation toolkit?
- Why cant I move my movies that I purchased on my ipad to itunes?
- Export with BiarEngine.jar works, using the API it throws an exception
- SAP Script Cheque Printing
- VPRS determination
- PICTURES DIS-COLOURATION
- Itunes will not open with Yosemite update!!!
- Trouble inserting urls
- Save For Web Color incorrect color shifting
- Backing up songs