Create an InfoPath Form to Auto Populate Data in SharePoint 2010
In Anne Stenberg's Blog from 2 Nov 2011 3:00 PM "How to Create an InfoPath Form to Auto Populate Data in SharePoint 2010" she artfully steps through how to create an InfoPath Form to Auto Populate Data. It works but... Jason, another user, wrot
wrote whenever the form is opened again either to view or edit, it displays the current users information instead of the value of the person who completed the form in the first place.
Anne's response was "Hi Jason - I had forgotten I had that problem, too. Change the Form Load rule's condition to
DisplayName is blank and that should work."
My problem is I can't find anything other than AccountName in "Select a Field or Group" [GetUserProfileByName (Secondary)] to use in the Condition statement that will correct the problem.
Any help will be very appreciated.
I recommend to add one more condition in Form Load to make the form not be populated with current user’s information (You can change Title to another column which should not be blank when users create a new item).
TechNet Community Support
Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact
In Anne Stenberg's Blog from 2 Nov 2011 3:00 PM "How to Create an InfoPath Form to Auto Populate Data in SharePoint 2010" she artfully steps through how to create an InfoPath Form to Auto Populate Data. It works but... Jason, another user, wrot[More]
hi. I would like to ask, how to create form that fill by User A, for example, and then the User A assigned task to User B to complete the form. Next, the form will be approved by approver. May I know how to do that? and if possible, I do not want to[More]
Hi, How to genetare reports (ssrs) with form library's data in sharepoint 2010.I am saving infopath(2010) xml form data in form library.I have 500 and more forms in the form library( more forms can come in future).How to generate reports from this xm[More]
Hi, I need to export excel data to SharePoint 2010 list. I have created 22 columns in list which are of following Column types: Single line of text, Multiple line of text, Choice Number, Date, Person or Group. Now i need to export the excel data t[More]
Dear All, I try to create a Event receiver program as SandBox solution in SharePoint 2010. I want to do a list item updation using this event receiver. Almost all the internet help & examples seems to be written with Farm solution and I got plenty of[More]
Hi, I'm trying to create an availability form that is submitted on a monthly basis. What I'd like is to have a radio button the user could click to indicate what day the first of the month falls on (Monday through Sunday), and have fields auto-popula[More]
Hi, I created 10 characteristics and assigned them to a class (type 001 for Material). This class I added in Material Master under Classification. These 10 characteristics contains 2 key values where these 2 values able to retrieve the rest of 8 char[More]
How to auto populate data from one list in SharePoint 2007 into another list based on a key value?
Hi, As a part of new requirement in my project I am supposd to work on SharePoint 2007. I have one List (BCExtract - Main list) with all data related to an Application (like ID, name, app manager RTO etc). I have created another list which has form t[More]
I have a SharePoint list and I created a column called 'CurrDate'. I need this column to; Display the current date, Auto populate all rows with the current date in the SharePoint list Dynamically update with the current date I first tried[More]
Good afternoon, I've got a signature field called "sgnPOC" and a date field called "sgnPOCDate" I'd like to have the date field filled in automatically when the sgnPOC is digitally signed. I added the following to the postSign* event t[More]
- 1 Wrt610n wireless network does not work after firmeware upgrade
- 2 How do I open a word doc using Pages?
- 3 Problem in MTO returns scenario
- 4 Once an add-on is on my desktop (and enabled in Ext Mgr), how do I get it into my PS so that it appears in Esxtensions drop-down?
- 5 Customer Spl GL 'O' not able to post
- 6 Discoverer Security with eBusiness Suite
- 7 Guided Procedure - How to customize.
- 8 I am using Pattern matching using vision assistant . its able to detect the temple which created while configuration
- 9 Photoshop Elements 12 Interface
- 10 We have 2 session in workflow if 1st session got failed-still 2nd session has to execute and workflow should go to suspended mode.How can we achieve this?
- Re: Procurement of Parent item & Child item
- Error in Create a Reporting Services Service Application in SharePoint
- My itunes wont start due to quicktime
- Delete elements from XML file using DOM and java
- How does the flow of costs works in SAP PM?
- Not able to export all the rows into excel
- Revenue Internal Order
- Max file size for cffile?
- Google said something wierd is going on on my computer...
- Pages works really slow.