Create an InfoPath Form to Auto Populate Data in SharePoint 2010
In Anne Stenberg's Blog from 2 Nov 2011 3:00 PM "How to Create an InfoPath Form to Auto Populate Data in SharePoint 2010" she artfully steps through how to create an InfoPath Form to Auto Populate Data. It works but... Jason, another user, wrot
wrote whenever the form is opened again either to view or edit, it displays the current users information instead of the value of the person who completed the form in the first place.
Anne's response was "Hi Jason - I had forgotten I had that problem, too. Change the Form Load rule's condition to
DisplayName is blank and that should work."
My problem is I can't find anything other than AccountName in "Select a Field or Group" [GetUserProfileByName (Secondary)] to use in the Condition statement that will correct the problem.
Any help will be very appreciated.
I recommend to add one more condition in Form Load to make the form not be populated with current user’s information (You can change Title to another column which should not be blank when users create a new item).
TechNet Community Support
Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact
In Anne Stenberg's Blog from 2 Nov 2011 3:00 PM "How to Create an InfoPath Form to Auto Populate Data in SharePoint 2010" she artfully steps through how to create an InfoPath Form to Auto Populate Data. It works but... Jason, another user, wrot[More]
hi. I would like to ask, how to create form that fill by User A, for example, and then the User A assigned task to User B to complete the form. Next, the form will be approved by approver. May I know how to do that? and if possible, I do not want to[More]
Hi, How to genetare reports (ssrs) with form library's data in sharepoint 2010.I am saving infopath(2010) xml form data in form library.I have 500 and more forms in the form library( more forms can come in future).How to generate reports from this xm[More]
Hi, I need to export excel data to SharePoint 2010 list. I have created 22 columns in list which are of following Column types: Single line of text, Multiple line of text, Choice Number, Date, Person or Group. Now i need to export the excel data t[More]
Dear All, I try to create a Event receiver program as SandBox solution in SharePoint 2010. I want to do a list item updation using this event receiver. Almost all the internet help & examples seems to be written with Farm solution and I got plenty of[More]
Hi, I'm trying to create an availability form that is submitted on a monthly basis. What I'd like is to have a radio button the user could click to indicate what day the first of the month falls on (Monday through Sunday), and have fields auto-popula[More]
Hi, I created 10 characteristics and assigned them to a class (type 001 for Material). This class I added in Material Master under Classification. These 10 characteristics contains 2 key values where these 2 values able to retrieve the rest of 8 char[More]
How to auto populate data from one list in SharePoint 2007 into another list based on a key value?
Hi, As a part of new requirement in my project I am supposd to work on SharePoint 2007. I have one List (BCExtract - Main list) with all data related to an Application (like ID, name, app manager RTO etc). I have created another list which has form t[More]
I have a SharePoint list and I created a column called 'CurrDate'. I need this column to; Display the current date, Auto populate all rows with the current date in the SharePoint list Dynamically update with the current date I first tried[More]
Good afternoon, I've got a signature field called "sgnPOC" and a date field called "sgnPOCDate" I'd like to have the date field filled in automatically when the sgnPOC is digitally signed. I added the following to the postSign* event t[More]
- 1 Problem with Mail For Exchange over Nokia E7-00 (a...
- 2 Brand new ipod touch randomly skipping songs, brand new ipod touch randomly skipping songs
- 3 MBP not recovering from sleep / Strange 'freezing' crashing...
- 4 How to prevent Pivot Table Data Source from being changed automatically?
- 5 SIP SRST transfer issue using ALIAS command
- 6 HT1766 how do i set up my sons ipad on my pc without syncing my itunes to his device?
- 7 IPhone will not appear as device in iPhoto
- 8 Weblogic SSO - Kerberos error message
- 9 How can install patch using OPatch utility in Linux
- 10 Out of range component = Volt
- 2nd gen apple tv not synching with iTunes match
- Help solve the problem after restor iphone 5 ios 7 asks email
- ZEN 2GB hangs after starting
- Project Site Contributor Rights for all Projects in PS 2010
- Trying to get old data off a g4 tower
- Quelqu'un at'il déjà eu "une erreur est survenue" en rouge lors du lancelent du téléchargement de Mavericks sur Apple Store?
- PH sensor measurement
- Can I update to IOS8 from ios5.1 on an ipad
- Best Way for a Flash Slide Show on Website
- Delay after delay. Willing to go to Ofcom etc if n...