Firefox Crashing/Freezing Constantly and Resetting to Defaults
For the past few weeks, I have been having a lot of issues with Firefox crashing. Every time I try to open up a new tab or load a web page it will freeze. Sometimes this is only for a few minutes, while other times this lasts up to an hour and I have
I tried a complete fresh install, and the problem was fixed for a few days, however, after going for a couple of days without internet access and trying to get online again, the problem returned even worse than before. More than that, now from time to time my Firefox completely resets to default settings, clearing out my "New Tab" page's pinned tabs, as well as removing whichever theme I had applied.
This glitch has rapidly made Firefox unusable for me, which makes me very upset as I far prefer it to Google Chrome. While I don't know that it would help discern the issue, below is also a list of all the extensions I have installed as well as the plugins I have that are always active, (with all my other plugins either being disabled or "ask to activate"). With the exception of "Adblock Edge", I have had all the extensions installed for several months with no issues. "Adblock Edge" itself I only installed after uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox to try and fix my issue. My current Firefox version is 35.
Adblock Edge 2.1.7
Private Tab 0.1.7.3
Adblock Plus 2.6.7
Shockwave Flash 22.214.171.1246
Unity Player 126.96.36.199269
Please scan with all programs because each program detects different malware.
All these programs have free versions.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of their databases before doing a scan.
*Microsoft Safety Scanner:<br>http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx
*Spybot Search & Destroy:<br>http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html
*Kasperky Free Security Scan:<br>http://www.kaspersky.com/security-scan
You can also do a check for a rootkit infection with TDSSKiller.
*Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller:<br>http://support.kaspersky.com/5350?el=88446
*"Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked
For the past few weeks, I have been having a lot of issues with Firefox crashing. Every time I try to open up a new tab or load a web page it will freeze. Sometimes this is only for a few minutes, while other times this lasts up to an hour and I have[More]
it is very slow online and when i went on today there was a message to reset to default settings. when i clicked that, it told me to go to the firefox window so i could reset. i don't know how to get to the firefox window. firefox immediately goes to[More]
as u can c in d images firefox is freezing, even in 4GB & GPU Config machine. what is solution to dis?Could you pls re-attach the image. As for the heavy memory usage, you can try this: Type "about:memory" in your addressbar and then press t[More]
Firefox 4 freezes constantly to the point where I want nothing to do with Firefox ever again but I decided to uninstall and go back to v3.6.17 which works properly
I googled the problem I was having and found many other users with the same issues, to which there were some suggested causes and solutions. Unfortunately none of those corrected the severe freezing problem which could take up to 10 minutes to clear.[More]
Firefox crashes almost constantly. My crash signature is CD3DBase::DrawPrimitive(_D3DPRIMITIVETYPE, unsigned int, unsigned int)
<pre><nowiki>Firefox 4.0.1 Crash Report [@ CD3DBase::DrawPrimitive(_D3DPRIMITIVETYPE, unsigned int, unsigned int) ] Search Mozilla Support for Help ID: df5fa277-41b2-46b3-9f02-2bf3f2110513 Signature: CD3DBase::DrawPrimitive(_D3DPRIMITIVETYPE,[More]
My firefox just freezes constantly for about a min or so, 10-15 times a day, need help?
I've tried updating even deleting and re-installing firefox and still no luck.Another similar post here suggests that the problem is in your profile.Read other 2 answers[More]
Hi Team, I have posted my problem a few days ago as a comment (an answer) to the "flash plugin" post from "cj_gadget". But I have got no answer, probably because the "flash plugin" post was labelled as "solved". So[More]
Hello I'm hoping, that you can help me! I'm using Firefox 28.0 on MacBook Pro Mavericks 10.9.2 Firefox crashes/freezes when I try to upload/download files from/to my 'desktop folder'. I't only happens, when I use this folder. Download to 'download fo[More]
FireFox keeps on crashing & freezing everytime I am in the middle of viewing a site content. It drives me nut!
FireFox keeps on crashing & freezing when I am in the middle of viewing content on a certain site like http://affiliate-resources.info for information to use, it drives me nut! I love using FireFox as my default browser, but lately, with it always &am[More]
Firefox crashes when printing. Tried resetting FF Printer Settings, No "print_printer" file.
Also tried "Reset all FF printer settings", no "print_" files.'''print_printer''' isn't a '''''file''''' it is a '''preference''' that appears in the '''''prefs.js''''' file once a pref is "userset". Plus, those type of prefs[More]
Hi, since last night FF has been crashing constantly. It all started with opening yahoo mail page but just some hours ago it happened on Rolling Stone magazine's site. I have tried all the suggested troubleshooting (https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/[More]
- 1 The action could not be completed because of a conflict with the original item. The conflict may have occurred when an existing item was updated on another computer or device. Open the item again and try making your changes. If the problem continues, cont
- 2 Number of messages in Sent folder
- 3 ADF 11g Input Table createinsert operation - can I manipulate?
- 4 Can my G3 handle OS X 10.4?
- 5 I downloaded Adobe Reader 11(I have Windows 7),turned off all pop up blockers. Won't work. HELP!
- 6 Sequence Error in A/P Payment Function
- 7 How many types of roadmaps?
- 8 YouTube 10 Min. Duration Limit
- 9 Software update seems to have killed my iBook
- 10 Critique my newbie PC build?
- HP AiO remote doesn't recognize 3rd party toner as compatible in LaserJet M1217nfw MFP
- Conditional Compilation (or something like this!)
- AppleTV: How can I see what song is playing if I am viewing my photos in slide show mode on Apple TV and streaming from my iTunes?
- How to fix ipod when it tells u ipod disabled connect to i tunes
- Yosemite Finder: bug when dragging files in full screen
- Oracle.apps.fnd.wf.bes.InvokerException: java.lang.ClassCastException
- Use of ndf files in sql server
- Need Information about 1Z0-033
- Want to export firefox bookmars to IE. In bookmarks organize there is no import or export listed.
- How do i measure bipolarforAgilent E3631A ?