Import Mail 1.2.1 PPC to 2.1.1 Intel does not work
(cross-posted to Tiger mail forum) Hello. I'm trying to move email from my old iBook G4 PPC (OSX 10.3.9, Mail 1.2.1) to my macBook Intel Core Duo (OSX 10.4.10, Mail 2.1.1). I follow these steps: 1. boot the iBook as a fireWire drive connected to the
Hello. I'm trying to move email from my old iBook G4 PPC (OSX 10.3.9, Mail 1.2.1) to my macBook Intel Core Duo (OSX 10.4.10, Mail 2.1.1). I follow these steps:
1. boot the iBook as a fireWire drive connected to the macBook
2. start Mail on the macBook and chose Import
3. navigate to the iBook drive to User > Library > Mail > Mailboxes
4. select all the mailboxes
5. It says they all import OK
6. look at the mailbox view folder list and it all looks peachy
7. click on any one of those folders, and there are NO EMAILS
8. quit Mail
9. reboot Mail
10. The supposedly imported mailboxes are GONE
I await your orders.
I have to say that replacing the Mail folder like that sounded incredibly dubious, being across Mail app versions, OS X versions, and LittleEndian / BigEndian file types. I made a duplicate of the MacBook Mail folder before replacing it with the iBook Mail folder. No need, I guess; it worked. Go figure! Still it leaves one wondering why importing did not work, and why Apple did not put your instructions in Mail Help. Or did they? I didn't find that anywhere.
(cross-posted to Tiger mail forum) Hello. I'm trying to move email from my old iBook G4 PPC (OSX 10.3.9, Mail 1.2.1) to my macBook Intel Core Duo (OSX 10.4.10, Mail 2.1.1). I follow these steps: 1. boot the iBook as a fireWire drive connected to the[More]
How does one import the mail folders from a PPC G4 system to a new Intel Core Duo system. 1. I've copied the mail folder from the G4 to an external Hard Drive. 2. I then connect the external Hard Drive to the Mac Mini Intel Core Duo. 3. I open MAIL o[More]
Syncronization: How can i store mail for different accounts remotely, and copy most important mails manually to local folders on two devices?
Hello. I have two devices and two accounts, so what i want is this: I only want to store mail from both accounts in a remote place and copy most important mails to local folders. (I will be grateful for any ideas as to where/how this "cloud" can[More]
hi guys, I'm adding my yahoo mail account into Mac Mail recently, and I have got around 5000 mails in my yahoo account. When I succesffuly added the yahoo account in Mac Mail, the system imports all mails to Mac (starting from very beginining) It[More]
I cannot find imported mail boxes. if i try to setup a new mailbox, it shows the existence of the mailboxes that i am looking for in the location drop down menu. where would they be located?
i cannot find imported mailboxes. if i try to setup a new mailbox, it shows the existence of the mailboxes under location/on my mac. they do not show up in the mailbox list. where would they be located so that i can retrieve them?Did you quite Mail a[More]
Last night I screwed up my new iMac & had to restore entire system from backup. After many hours & help from the Time Machine forum, I was able to restore everything except my emails. I do have all my folders under "On my Mac/ imported"[More]
i want to direct mail from outlook to talktalk.Do you mean Outlook, the application included with Microsoft Office, or Outlook Express, the application included with Windows XP, or Outlook.com, the new incarnation of Hotmail/Windows Live Mail? Does t[More]
I have recently tried to import mail from a Mac using Mail (2.0.5) to a computer using Mail (1.3.11). The imported folders appear but no mail is visible in the folders. Is there anything I am missing or is this even possible? I have tried switching t[More]
Hi, I'm importing mail from Entourage 2003 to Entourage X. I select the identity and importing starts. Contacts and folders are imported correctly. But the folders are empty ?! I do not get any error message but for some reason, he skips the mail mes[More]
Am trying to import mails from MS outlook to MAC outlook and its not importing all msgs/ folders.. adv why??You're in luck, Imap and Exchange accounts store their data on the server. Leave Outlook alone, just add the accounts to Mail and let them syn[More]
Whenever the work item goes to Workflow inbox, parallelly the work item is going to Outlook as a mail. Now the problem is the mail should go with high importance indicator. Here the mail is triggering from "User Decision" step, not from the &quo[More]
- 1 External Hard Drive Will Not Appear
- 2 Prepared statements related problem
- 3 Content conversion JMS adapter
- 4 Unable to list FireWire
- 5 Update statistics ends with error
- 6 Should I delete the "Recovered files" in my trash?
- 7 Finder "Go" menu - can items fly open?
- 8 Foreign data incomeplete
- 9 E71 - Can't change ring duration
- 10 CDMA Wireless Modem and dialup/sms
- ITunes store error
- Using Composite Application Framework to deliver global HR applications
- IMac display not recognized
- Alternative speaker cable for G500 (5.1)
- Creating I-Doc from F110
- Hi I installed adobe cs6 master collection as trial, download failed to initialise installer
- Apex Cache Report Region Page
- When I try to open my project, where can I find the requested file 00000.mts2?
- How to save an Adobe InDesign CC 2014 document with AppleScript
- No entry for mailbox id X in the cache; this should never happen