Oracle Validated RPM - Which to download?
I'm preparing a couple Linux x86_64 servers for building a RAC cluster and thought I'd give the Oracle Validated RPM a try. The specifics - Red Hat Linux RHEL 5.5 (kernel level 2.6.18-194) Oracle Grid Infrastructure release 22.214.171.124.2 Oracle Database
The specifics -
Red Hat Linux RHEL 5.5 (kernel level 2.6.18-194)
Oracle Grid Infrastructure release 126.96.36.199.2
Oracle Database release 188.8.131.52.2
I am not a member of OLN, I don't use the Oracle Unbreakable Kernel and I don't use Oracle Enterprise Linux. (But worn out reading about all of these topics.)
I go to this download site as directed by MOS Note 437743.1.
where I am presented a list of these rpm files:
Index of /el5/oracle-validated
Name Last modified Size
oracle-validated-1.0.0-5.el5.i386.rpm 02-Feb-2008 17:09 11K
oracle-validated-1.0.0-5.el5.x86_64.rpm 02-Feb-2008 17:09 12K
oracle-validated-1.0.0-5.el5.src.rpm 02-Feb-2008 17:09 12K
readme 18-Jul-2008 14:55 198
oracle-validated-1.0.0-18.el5.i386.rpm 30-Mar-2009 01:36 15K
oracle-validated-1.0.0-18.el5.x86_64.rpm 30-Mar-2009 01:36 15K
oracle-validated-1.0.0-18.el5.src.rpm 30-Mar-2009 01:36 23K
oracle-validated-1.0.0-24.el5.i386.rpm 10-Jun-2010 07:07 22K
oracle-validated-1.0.0-24.el5.x86_64.rpm 10-Jun-2010 07:07 22K
oracle-validated-1.0.0-24.el5.src.rpm 10-Jun-2010 07:07 29K
MD5SUMS 19-Aug-2010 17:12 658
oracle-validated-1.0.0-22.el5.i386.rpm 19-Aug-2010 17:13 15K
oracle-validated-1.0.0-22.el5.src.rpm 19-Aug-2010 17:13 24K
oracle-validated-1.0.0-22.el5.x86_64.rpm 19-Aug-2010 17:13 16K
oracle-validated-1.1.0-7.el5.x86_64.rpm 17-Nov-2010 11:03 23K
oracle-validated-1.1.0-7.el5.src.rpm 17-Nov-2010 11:03 30K
Question 1: Do I just grab the newest version of these EL5 based rpms? in this case "oracle-validated-1.1.0-7.el5.x86_64.rpm", or is there some other dependency on kernel level?
Question 2: Does this Validated RPM configure changes necessary for Grid Infrastucture as well as Database?
Question 3: Are prople pretty happy with the job that this RPM does in configuring things properly?
Thanks in advance for your insights.
1.) Yes, only take the newest one.
2.) Yep it should (some expeptions apply)*. Just make sure you configured an automatic update server (yum), that all dependent RPMs can be downloaded as well.
For OEL you could use public-yum.oracle.com, but since you don't like OEL I am sure you know where to find a free RHEL one...
3.) Definitely. I never go without it.
* E.g. it does not configure/change NTP configuration, as it is a requirement for the 11gR2 GI install.
I'm preparing a couple Linux x86_64 servers for building a RAC cluster and thought I'd give the Oracle Validated RPM a try. The specifics - Red Hat Linux RHEL 5.5 (kernel level 2.6.18-194) Oracle Grid Infrastructure release 184.108.40.206.2 Oracle Database[More]
Is the Oracle validated rpm available for el5 (Oracle Enterprise Linux 2.6.18-8.el5) . It only seems to be available for el4. We do have ULN support.Hi, Oracle-Validated is an optional way to satisfy the pre-install requirements for customers signed[More]
Hi, I have installed oracle enterprise linux version 5.4 on sun virtual box.I want to install oracle 10g,so I downloaded oracle -validated-1.0.0-5.e15i.386.rpm for oracle requird updates.I am trying to run the oracle -validated-rpm using yum install[More]
OS: Oracle Linux 5.6 (VirtualBox) I'm somewhat puzzled over the Oracle 11gR2 installation instruction and the "oracle-validated" rpm package. According to the Oracle installation instruction for Linux at http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E11882[More]
I've had problems trying to install the Oracle-Validated RPM on OEL 4.5 x64. Up2Date would hang. Anyone else try using the RPM on OEL 4.5?Sergio, I reran the commands today and they work fine. It must have been a glitch in the network. Thanks. Any wo[More]
Can I use the Oracle Validated rpm on RHEL4? RHEL5? Note:579101.1 Linux OS Installation with Reduced Set of Packages for Running Oracle Database Server without ULN/RHN The above metalink note only talks about OEL...To summarise: yes, you can use the[More]
Hello, I installed the OEL6 to avoid some issues I had; now I can't find the Oracle-Validated package rpm; I registered my system to UBL and nothing show up. Thanksuser11344822 wrote: I installed the OEL6 to avoid some issues I had; now I can't find[More]
[[email protected] admin]# up2date -i oracle-validated Fetching Obsoletes list for channel: ol5_x86_64_latest... Fetching Obsoletes list for channel: el5_x86_64_oracle... Fetching rpm headers... Name Version Rel oracle-validated 1.1.0 7.el5 x86 Testin[More]
I am looking for the correct oracle-validate rpm for Linux 5.9. There are several out there but I dont know which is the correct one. Any help would be appreciated.user8631788 wrote: I am looking for the correct oracle-validate rpm for Linux 5.9. The[More]
Hello, I am going to install Oracle DB Standart edition on Unbreakable linux. I did update according to the http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E11882_01/install.112/e16763/install_overview.htm#CHDFJDFF (chapter 1.3.5) after that should be created Ora[More]
Hello I just read the announcement that Oracle Linux (with UEK) 6.x is now officially certified for Oracle 11g R2 database. Is there OL 6.x which has oracle-validated rpm? I use this rpm on OEL5.7 and it works great, it would be great to see somethin[More]
- 1 Adobe Cloud Manager stay completely blank
- 2 In acrobat 9, Mac, how to change email of recipient in form wizard?
- 3 BPM: Messages stuck in Queue
- 4 How to change profile photo in mac mail
- 5 Outline box when editing text in PDF using v8
- 6 I can not make Access repair database using built-in utility?
- 7 Premiere Elements 10 crashes
- 8 NIDAQ740CD1.zip will not completely download
- 9 Launching flow trace for SOA composite leads to login page
- 10 How to install shockwave in samsung mobile phone?
- Update Knowledge base on Production with Dev Server
- Win 7 Pro 64bit - BIOS Update Failure 2ACN37WW
- Data storage in container
- TS3694 unable to restore i phone 4
- Portal Advanced Search – default business object
- What is the disc utility supposed to look like with a fusion drive
- Can i find out how many subscribers my podcast has?
- Pivot Table Section Properties - Column Heading Display
- My iphone 5 is messed up and is no longer working i dropped it and it cracked. i want another iphone 5 that is refurbished until i can affored another iphone how much will an refurbished iphone5 cost ?
- HT204387 I have had a phone that was paired to my hands free Subaru. I want to connect my iphone4 with it now. I can not do it. What is the problem?