Oracle Validated RPM - Which to download?
I'm preparing a couple Linux x86_64 servers for building a RAC cluster and thought I'd give the Oracle Validated RPM a try. The specifics - Red Hat Linux RHEL 5.5 (kernel level 2.6.18-194) Oracle Grid Infrastructure release 220.127.116.11.2 Oracle Database
The specifics -
Red Hat Linux RHEL 5.5 (kernel level 2.6.18-194)
Oracle Grid Infrastructure release 18.104.22.168.2
Oracle Database release 22.214.171.124.2
I am not a member of OLN, I don't use the Oracle Unbreakable Kernel and I don't use Oracle Enterprise Linux. (But worn out reading about all of these topics.)
I go to this download site as directed by MOS Note 437743.1.
where I am presented a list of these rpm files:
Index of /el5/oracle-validated
Name Last modified Size
oracle-validated-1.0.0-5.el5.i386.rpm 02-Feb-2008 17:09 11K
oracle-validated-1.0.0-5.el5.x86_64.rpm 02-Feb-2008 17:09 12K
oracle-validated-1.0.0-5.el5.src.rpm 02-Feb-2008 17:09 12K
readme 18-Jul-2008 14:55 198
oracle-validated-1.0.0-18.el5.i386.rpm 30-Mar-2009 01:36 15K
oracle-validated-1.0.0-18.el5.x86_64.rpm 30-Mar-2009 01:36 15K
oracle-validated-1.0.0-18.el5.src.rpm 30-Mar-2009 01:36 23K
oracle-validated-1.0.0-24.el5.i386.rpm 10-Jun-2010 07:07 22K
oracle-validated-1.0.0-24.el5.x86_64.rpm 10-Jun-2010 07:07 22K
oracle-validated-1.0.0-24.el5.src.rpm 10-Jun-2010 07:07 29K
MD5SUMS 19-Aug-2010 17:12 658
oracle-validated-1.0.0-22.el5.i386.rpm 19-Aug-2010 17:13 15K
oracle-validated-1.0.0-22.el5.src.rpm 19-Aug-2010 17:13 24K
oracle-validated-1.0.0-22.el5.x86_64.rpm 19-Aug-2010 17:13 16K
oracle-validated-1.1.0-7.el5.x86_64.rpm 17-Nov-2010 11:03 23K
oracle-validated-1.1.0-7.el5.src.rpm 17-Nov-2010 11:03 30K
Question 1: Do I just grab the newest version of these EL5 based rpms? in this case "oracle-validated-1.1.0-7.el5.x86_64.rpm", or is there some other dependency on kernel level?
Question 2: Does this Validated RPM configure changes necessary for Grid Infrastucture as well as Database?
Question 3: Are prople pretty happy with the job that this RPM does in configuring things properly?
Thanks in advance for your insights.
1.) Yes, only take the newest one.
2.) Yep it should (some expeptions apply)*. Just make sure you configured an automatic update server (yum), that all dependent RPMs can be downloaded as well.
For OEL you could use public-yum.oracle.com, but since you don't like OEL I am sure you know where to find a free RHEL one...
3.) Definitely. I never go without it.
* E.g. it does not configure/change NTP configuration, as it is a requirement for the 11gR2 GI install.
- 1 I haven't been able to minimize any windows for several weeks. But I found the solution!
- 2 Looking for an email address for support
- 3 Need help with MIDI for Korg M3
- 4 Changing a link in a pdf
- 5 Add to contacts
- 6 Templated SQL
- 7 Trouble downloading the Mountain Lion app
- 8 Short text field information of a service notification
- 9 Text showing on TV Show artwork - How to Remove?
- 10 I can't fix - or dump - Reader 8.1.2
- Connect Macbook to Panasonic Plasma TV
- AR Open Invoice Migration error
- Reg: Batch determination
- How do I jump between spreads using apple's wireless keyboard?
- Enhance node of standard service in a new enhancement namespace - PI 7.0
- When I click on Backspace in Contact name the cursor moves to the next tab
- IPod Touch Pictures: Albums vs Locations
- Problem with h:inputText
- Not playing songs
- Can't select value in af:selectBooleanCheckbox