I am having encoder position issues. I am using 3 Kollmorgen servos attached to 3 AKD Ethercat drives. I have a cRio running as the Ecat master. All of my Vis are running in scan mode on the cRio. I am building a capstan pulling system that will hav
I am using 3 Kollmorgen servos attached to 3 AKD Ethercat drives. I have a cRio running as the Ecat master. All of my Vis are running in scan mode on the cRio.
I am building a capstan pulling system that will have a constantly changing velocity based upon position within a 3 meter repeating cycle. I change the velocity based upon sensor input every mm of the cycle and then start the 3 meter cycle over. The velocity various from 1 RVS to 10RVS. I use the encoder position to determine my position within a cycle. The system runs great for around 5 minutes and then my encoder goes crazy. Even when I stop the servo the encoder continues to increase. In the help for the “Reset Position” command I noticed that encoder values higher than 2^52 can be unstable. Does this apply to user units or RAW encoder pulses?
I have tried the following methods to try and fix the problem.
Test and verified that the issue occurs in the Axis test panel.
I just set a long move at a given speed. After a time the position error goes crazy as in 4.0 e +12 and the position continues to increase after the servo stops.
I removed my units and used just encoder pulses and again after a few minutes the same thing occurred.
Changed my VI so that after each 3 meter cycle the encoder was reset to zero. Again after roughly the same amount of time the issue occurred.
One strange thing is that I can still control the servo accurately. If I tell it to go 100mm it goes 100mm, but once there I cannot read the position because it returns a very large and inaccurate number.
A further observation is that I can recover by resetting the cRio. This makes me think that the encoder number is exceeding some register U32 or U64. If that were the case I would have thought that resetting it after each cycle would have fixed it. Unless when you reset the position you are just setting an offset that is subtracted for the actual encoder from that point forward.
I am sure that I have confused you all but any and all help is greatly appreciated.
Perpetual LabView noob…..
I have a few questions for you to help me get a better understanding of the issue:
- What version of LabVIEW software is your application written in (2010? 2011 SP1?, 2012? etc)?
- Have you tried swapping your motor with a different one? Or your Drive? Did you still observe the same behavior? If possible, I think this would be a useful test to help narrow down the issue.
- What does your motion system look like at a high level (What components are involved and how are they connected to eachother)? Does the encoder feedback connect back to the drive or back to your cRIO controller?
Help! I am using JRun3.1 and developing a web interface to a database. In this particular screen, I am using CachedRowSet (I downloaded this and added it to jrun classpath). I am getting "Invalid cursor position" error. I feel there is a problem[More]
Hello, I don't know if this question lies here, but I thought it would be the well suited place so please pardon me if it isn't. I am trying to access multiple pages from my database on my XP machine but I am getting an "invalid cursor position"[More]
I am having encoder position issues. I am using 3 Kollmorgen servos attached to 3 AKD Ethercat drives. I have a cRio running as the Ecat master. All of my Vis are running in scan mode on the cRio. I am building a capstan pulling system that will hav[More]
I have a flash chart that has a fairly simple query (whic works fine when run via SQLPLUS etc), that when I run via Apex I get "Column Width should be positive" errors. What does this mean, and how do I debug it?I realise that I have to have a c[More]
Hi, I am using LabVIEW 2009 SP1 on Win XP OS system. I am reading and writing data to a text file whose size does not exceed 50 MB. whenever i try to set file position to a value of say 128 bytes from the start of file, the function does not show an[More]
I've added a .swf file to my html page but when attributing a CSS ID to the object to position it on the page, it shows as in the correct position on the dreamweaver layout, but when viewing in firefox, opera or safari the flash object displays out o[More]
I'm doing BDC to ME47 passing header and several positions in a RFC. The functional wants the RFC inform which position caused the error. In the message table of the call transaction doesn't show any info of the position. I think it can't be done bu[More]
I am using the "Read Encoder Position" and I keep getting error #-70012. There are no errors up to this point and it does not SEEM to affect the way my program runs. Does anyone know what this error is? I did try to look up the error # to no[More]
Hi There, Can anyone tell me why the attached VI returns a error? Many Thanks, Dan Dan CLD Attachments: cursor error.vi 9 KBHi Dan, You are getting this error because you have not yet 'created/ initialized' the Cursor. Either, Manually add cursor.([More]
As a beginner in motor contol, one of my motor systems consisted of Thorlab Z612B(0.4 nm/step, 8 micrometer blacklash) and Precision MicroControl DCX-PC100. The motor was used in XY scanning; the x direction(fast axis) will move in small interval con[More]
Okay so this error is driving me nuts! I used to see this occasionaly on my old iPod Nano (3g), and I thought I'd seen the last of it until it started happening consistently on my iPhone with one of my podcasts (http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZS[More]
- 1 Can I access two websites at the same time?
- 2 While trying to burn a DVD off IMovie 09 I get the following message while trying to prepare: Unable to prepare project for publishing because an error occurred (-2125)
- 3 Photo Gallery with KitKat
- 4 Crystal Report: How to make the fixed height box in all pages.
- 5 LSMW ERROR IN FOLLOWING CODE SHOWING ERROR AT LINE NO 79
- 6 My iPad just died...is there a reset switch?
- 7 I have two macs in my house. One is newer and came with the os x mountain lion software and the other one needs to be upgraded. I was wondering if there is a way to take upgrade from one to the other? Should not have to buy this software again.
- 8 [SOLVED] Get filesize with wget
- 9 B2B custom reports
- 10 Free Space and 10.6.7 update
- Getting "IPSEC(epa_des_crypt): decrypted packet failed SA identity check" messages on packets from only one of two far-end sources sharing the same tunnel, the other source works fine. What exactly does this error mean?
- How to get photos from iphone 5 to macbook pro without aperture or iPhoto
- In using Office Mac 2011 I noticed that there is 3 gigs of data under Documents/Microsoft User data for Message Sources. Anyone know what this is and if it can be deleted?
- Bridge opens Raw thumbnails but not Preview?
- More details on inventory cube
- How To Make Interactive Drop Down Text Boxs??
- Adapter medata and Configuration object transfer
- Nokia email in Nokia X6
- W530 - Engineering Student
- Error calling up function module CHECK_PLANTS_ABRO