Share external hard drive between PowerBook (PPC) and MacBook (Intel)?
Hello. I recently purchased an HP Portable USB 3.0/2.0 1TB external hard drive (http://j.mp/f9FP4M). I'm trying to figure out the best way to format it so that my girlfriend and I can both use it. Problem is, I have a PPC-based PowerBook G4, and she
I recently purchased an HP Portable USB 3.0/2.0 1TB external hard drive (http://j.mp/f9FP4M). I'm trying to figure out the best way to format it so that my girlfriend and I can both use it. Problem is, I have a PPC-based PowerBook G4, and she has an Intel-based MacBook. Hopeless?
If not, here is the ideal scenario:
--One partition that can boot Tiger (I still have the CD).
--A second partition that can boot Snow Leopard (just got it for my girlfriend).
--A third partition where my girlfriend can back up her MacBook using Time Machine.
--A fourth partition where I can back up my PowerBook using whatever means possible/necessary.
Can someone please suggest how I might do this? I would be very grateful for any assistance.
If any part of my ideal scenario has to be sacrificed -- I would not be at all surprised -- then let's forget about my PowerBook and focus on how to format the drive for her MacBook. I presume I would just need to do GUID, but I'd still need guidance on how to create partitions to boot Snow Leopard (and Tiger, if that would still be possible).
Happy to clarify any of the above if it's unclear or incomplete. Thanks for reading and for thinking this through with me!
- 1 A New Year, a New Challenge! Become the FIRST WPF Guru of 2015!
- 2 What is the difference between an ipad with cellular and one without?
- 3 How to draw line of best fit?
- 4 I cant log into my apple id.
- 5 Tables - payable account report
- 6 JMS distributed queue on response
- 7 Track ball is stuck
- 8 Premiere Elements to Premiere Pro on Mac
- 9 I lost most of my NOTES after upgrading my phone
- 10 DataGuard-Standby on IBM Power6 work with Production 10gR2 on IBM Power5?
- Ipod music not showing up in Itunes library...
- How do i get my contacts from the cloud to my phone?
- Insufficient disk space for SunStudio 12
- My Account Has Been Hacked and Email Address Changed
- Criticize my first ever PKGBUILD (fluxbb)
- Previously deleted emails being sent to my phone
- 10.7.2 & Active Directory
- Page number question
- I have a nano 1g and at the back i see the date as 2006.Is it eligible for replacement?