USB Hard Drive not mounting til after restart
This weekend I put a new internal hdd in my Power Mac G5, and decided to use this opportunity to go ahead and put Leopard on one of my macs. I'm finding that it doesn't mount some my USB External Hard Drives (3.5" externaly powered cases) unless I pl
I'm finding that it doesn't mount some my USB External Hard Drives (3.5" externaly powered cases) unless I plug them in, and then restart the computer. (It also works just starting up if the G5 is off.) The drive needs to be turned on before the start up.
This is the case with an older IDE->USB 5 inch case, a brand new sata->USB 3.5 case (with the former g5 drive inside, and a sata->usb newertech bridge on the g5 drive. A bus powered 2.5" one mounted fine without the restart. I have not tried any flash drives.
I've tried the different USB ports on the G5 with no difference. I have not tried plugging it into a hub that's pre-connected (either powered or non).
They don't show up in Disk Utility during the time they don't mount. They do after the plugged-in restart, though. They also unmount then remount fine after the plugged in-restart.
The drives work just fine on my MBP (running Tiger). They worked just fine before the Leopard upgrade. If I boot into the Tiger partition on the G5, they work just fine.
I've seen references to other people having what sounds sort of like this problem in google searches but nothing exact, and those threads seem to get sidetracked with useless comments (like "Well, you should just use Firewire!" etc).
Has anyone experience this...and moreover, anyone found a fix.
The drive must be formatted in Mac OS Extended (Journaled) or FAT 32
You almost always have to use a powered USB hub with the under powered port on the Time Capsule, even if the hard drive has its own power supply
Where are you expecting the drive to "show up"?
- 1 How do i redeem my card to my account, i sent it to a email that was not mine or anyones and it sent a message to redeem. but i dont have that email and i can not redeem it. how do i redeem a card in the wrong email??? please help ASAP its alot of money.
- 2 ZFS write hangs / DMA reset? Can it be fixed?
- 3 I charged my iPhone 5s all night and I woke up to a 27%. What's wrong with my iPhone 5s?
- 4 Firefox Doesn't Load Any Website and Scroll Bar Switches to the Left Side of the Screen??
- 5 File Save As Crashes Logic
- 6 Nokia 5800 please help!
- 7 Using conditional comments for IE7
- 8 How to convert string to date based on regional settings
- 9 Adobe CC trial expiring every 30 days even thought I have an active subscritption
- 10 Profit Centre-While payment
- Not all of my perviously purchaced songs are showing up on itunes purchaced link on my account. It show that I have already purchaced them in the itune store, but i have no way of downloading them back into my library.
- How to delete empty tags after xml-import
- Need help removing text that is covering the document - Adobe Acrobat Standard X
- What does the HSTS.plist file in the Cookies folder in /Library ?
- After the Jan update my Wifi is not working ?
- HT1435 how do i get i tunes to recognise my i pod 4th generation
- [stripchar​t] get rid of the marks of the y-axis
- Live Cycle Reader Extension
- Convert Objects into an XML Document? Possible?
- Spotlight is in a continuous loop...