Windows network between 7 and 8?
I have been trying for a couple of hours to set up a home network between a computer running 7 and one running 8. I looked online to see what came up when I searched= "Windows cannot set up a home network on this computer". I found several respo
between a computer running 7 and one running 8. I looked online
to see what came up when I searched=
"Windows cannot set up a home network on this computer".
I found several responses saying 7 can only talk to 7.
Does anyone know if there is a way for 7 to talk to 8?
Do you mean that you want to use the Windows 7 and 8 to create and join a homegroup?
Do you use Windows 7 or Windows 8 to create the homegroup?
Based on my test, I can use the Windows 7 and Windows 8 in homegroup.
As you get the message ‘Windows cannot set up a home network on this computer’,
Please take the following steps for troubleshooting:
1. Download and run the fix it wizard
2. Change your network location to Home network
3. Check if you start the service Peer Networking Grouping
and HomeGroup Provider
For more information, please take a look at the following article.
Please refer to the following article to create a HomeGroup in Windows 8.
Then you could make Windows 7 join the HomeGroup.
Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact [email protected]
Hey... I have used my MacBook outside of the office all the time, but know we are going to use it for business purposes. We have a "basic" windows network to share files, folders, printers and scanners. How do I start connecting my MacBook to t[More]
Please help! I had my MacBook connect to my hp 1200 series printer wireless on a windows network. It was working fine for a few weeks. Then yesterday it just stop printing. I can find the printer on my Mac and it sends the message to print and the pr[More]
How can I keep lion from generating .DS_Store files on windows network partitions, but not disable it for all network partitions?
How can I keep lion from generating .DS_Store files on windows network partitions, but not disable it for all network partitions? I am fimilar with changing the setting for all network partitions(defaults write com.apple.desktopservices DSDontWriteN[More]
I had a connection to the HP LaserJet 4050 at work and accidentally deleted it. We have a Windows network. I remember using the Windows Printing option before, but the printer no longer shows up when I select Network Neighborhood. The only thing that[More]
Recently got our first mac, an iBook runing OSX 4.4 Tiger. A great part of the deal was that we could get a free printer, a Deskjet 5900 series to replace our old color printer which was not working so well. We have a home network with 2 desktops bot[More]
I am having an issue with an older G4 i-book running Tiger (I have installed the latest updates). Recently I have been unable to print to my network printer (HP 2605 dn)which has been running smoothly for over 2 years. Additionally I can no longer se[More]
Since upgrading to Tiger have experienced overall degradation in performance. Am on company's windows network. Have experienced safari alerts indicating "lost network connection". Also have extremely slow FTP (using Fetch 4.5)... transfers at 20[More]
Windows network setup would not let me set up my network so that I could both:see my other computers on the network and have them both connect directly to the internet. It wanted to set one up as a server. Is it dangerous to arrange it that way? If n[More]
10.6 breaks resourceforks when used in a (Windows) network with 10.5.8 (?!)
Does this only happen to me ? a file: filename.txt, which has a resource-fork when copied to a remote windows share (using ntfs filesystem) will not produce a "._filename.txt". However, the resource fork is preserved. But, when you access this f[More]
I posted in : http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-networking/disconnected-network-drive-error-as-follows-an/9a877c38-5e86-4c34-84c2-427a965577c6?page=2 Error: "An error occurred while reconnecting drive letter to \\network serv[More]
Windows Server 2012 R2 as a domain controller Internet Explorer 11 64/32 Favorites are redirected to a Windows network share (on the server itself) Issue: When clicking a favourite redirected to the Windows network share, IE does nothing. For testin[More]
- 1 I have a photo album in my apple tv but can't get the apple tv to use it as a screen saver. it is using older photos
- 2 Can i turn in my ipod for a new photo or video?
- 3 Flash Remote Debugger Help
- 4 HT4972 Tell me in simple terms how to update my iOS so I can add an app
- 5 Nested query in BPEL JDeveloper
- 6 Profit centers inventory groups
- 7 Can PAP2 recover from firmware download disruption
- 8 Extract Cluster Information with VI Reference
- 9 The sing in hangs and i have to ctrl, alt, delete to continue
- 10 Report Server Error REP-1:
- Having problem with import via dblink
- Problem for posting in some ledgers
- Transaction commit unsuccessfully - during import of Profit center in 8.81
- Adobe acrobat XI Pro action wizard password security problem
- Issues dealing with dbms.lob.converttoclob()
- Screenshot commands examples for Developer Toolbar Console
- How to reduce Oracle ADF Mobile deployed file
- Tools do not work
- Can anyone explain me " How to debug updaterules?"
- Problem in installing SAP Web Application Server